Robin “ropz” Kool is a professional Counter Strike: Global Offensive player coming from Estonia. Ropz has a one of a kind CS:GO career. He is straightforward, smart and extremely skilled. He doesn’t seem to have problems making decisions so his play style is different from the rest of the competition and that’s what makes him a legend in the competitive CS:GO scene. Ropz was very young when he first started out his esports career but unlike other players who thrived and climbed to the legendary status, he was a powerhouse since day one. He is also often accused of cheating even when he was a kid but it only encouraged him to get even better. Ropz is currently an absolute untiltable, calm professional esports athlete playing for mousesports and always manages to surprise his fans and the whole community with his amazing confident play style.
Robin Kool was born on December 22, 1999 in Estonia. Even though he was into video games starting, especially CS, he always managed to healthily balance it out with his studies. The community and esports organizations were noticing the extreme talents of this prodigy but he never wanted to drop out of school just for a CS:GO career. In fact, he waited until a professional esports team/organization could work around his school schedule before he signed a contract. Also he is one of the few players that didn’t really have to grind for a successful career by joining semi-pro teams and whatnot.
The Career of Robin “ropz” Kool
Ropz had a pretty straight forward career start as a professional esports athlete. Unlike other players ropz went from playing FPL straight to mousesports. His story is very different from the rest as while other stars were grinding their way search for success in the career, success came searching for him in his career. He played Faceit Pro Leagues online to become a star within the community first. Even though he caught attention of many pro teams, the only contract which favored his school work and gaming balance was from mousesports. Ropz's professional career started in 2017 with mousesports and up to this day, he’s a prominent member of the team. He has been a skilled rifler in the scene since day one he has won many tournaments and has a great potential ahead of him. He was also praised to be the next big breakout player by many veterans and stars of the scene since his career debut. Proving them all to be right, ropz emerged to be one of the greatest talents the history of competitive CS:GO has ever seen.
Despite his young age ropz has proven the world to be one of the best players of this generation by winning some s-tier tournaments and MVP titles over the course of his career. Following are some of his most recent achievements;
- 1st place: ESG Tour Mykonos 2017 (mousesports)
- 2nd place: Esports Championship Series Season 4 - Finals (mousesports)
- 1st place: StarLadder & i-League StarSeries Season 4 (mousesports)
- 1st place: V4 Future Sports Festival - Budapest 2018 (mousesports)
- 1st place: ESL One: New York 2018 (mousesports)
- 1st place: CS:GO Asia Championships 2019 (mousesports)
- 1st place: ESL Pro League Season 10 - Finals (mousesports)
- 1st place: cs_summit 5 (mousesports)
- 2nd place: EPICENTER 2019 (mousesports)
- 1st place: ICE Challenge 2020 (mousesports)
Trivia - Fun and interesting facts about Robin “ropz” Kool
- Ropz is considered as one of the most calm and 'chill' players by most of the stars and his colleagues.
- He was also the first Estonian player to attend a Valve Major tournament.
- Before becoming a pro CS:GO player, he used to play Call of Duty and make content on it.